Sunday, July 25, 2010

What's for Dinner?

Rocky and I have spent the last two days cooking to save up for probably the next two months. I have been asked to share. Here is a list of what we made. I will probably post recipes a few as a time. I need to type them all up and put them in a word document so I can reproduce them more easily, and then remove the ones that we didn't like.

Here is what we did:
7 Can Soup
Honey Baked Pork Chops
Teriyaki Chicken
Wine and Herb Chicken
Lemon Parsley Chicken
Grilled Marinated Steak
Too-Good Baked Pork Chops
Lemon Chicken
Sticky Chicken
Citrus Pork Chops
Chicken Spaghetti
Candy's Chicken
Chicken Packets
Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken Paprakash
Chicken Pie
King Ranch Chicken
Chicken Quesadillas
Magnificent Casserole
Tater Tot Casserole (x2)
Sloppy Joes
BBQ Pork
Quiche (x2)
Pork Enchiladas (x2)
Chicken Pot Pie
Rigatoni Bake (x2)
Colorful Chicken Casserole (x2)
Fajitas
Poulet De France
Baked Mac and Cheese with Ham
Crescent Chicken
Meatballs
Chicken Manicotti
Taco Pie
Meatloaf (x2) - had this for dinner tonight!

Here is the Meatloaf recipe. I did some changes - used bread crumbs instead of bread - soggy bread and me don't always get along... I made this knowing two of my eaters are on mission trip, so I left all the green things in it. I also usually don't put anything red in my meatloaf. Typically I'm a ground beef and lipton onion soup meatloaf girl, but this one was really good!

1/2 cup milk
4 slices white sandwich bread, torn into pieces
1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin
1 1/2 lbsw ground pork
2 small onions, finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup chili sauce, plus 1/4 cup for glaze
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Coarse salt and ground pepper

In a large bowl, pour milk over bread; let soak for about 30 seconds. Add sirloin, pork, onion , garlic 1/2 cup chili sauce, parsley, parmesan, eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Using your hands, mix well until combined; do not over mix or meatloaf will be dense.

Divide mixture in half. Gently pat each half into a log and place each log into an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan. Do not press down or into corners. I use disposable foil ones. Cover with two layers of foil and label. Freeze.

On serving day, thaw in fridge and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Brush tops of loaves with remaining 1/4 cup chili sauce and continue cooking until juices run clear (160 degrees internally if you want to check).

Now - to finish cleaning up and go to bed! I'm whipped!

No comments: