Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We're home...again

Well, as some may know, Abigail had an apnea spell on saturday. She was not breathing, and if I had gotten to checking her pulse, I am sure it was not there. I had just sat down to nurse them both, when I looked down and Abby was blue. She was not breathing. I gave her some breaths, and then she took a big gasp and started to become less purple. She never really did cry, or turn back to pink so we called the ambulance. She grunted all the way to the hospital, and we were not about to let her go to sleep. I was able to hold her in the Amulance and keep her awake. We went to Cooks, and since this was an unexplained episode, and she had had a fever last wednesday night, they did a full septic work-up. This included blood culture, urine culture and a spinal tap. We also had a chest x-ray and a CT scan of her head. Everything was normal. She had an elevated white count - which could show infection (probably viral since all the cultures were negetave) or it could increase in response to the "near death" experience she had. We will probably never know what caused it. At one point the doctor even mentioned SIDS (which we rescued her from) as a cause. At any rate, she is back on the cardiac monitor - which is FINE with us. I was really wanting one for Isabelle, also, but just have to pray that all is ok. I am home today, trying to get things caught up in the house, and caught up on some rest. Here are some pictures from our stay.

1 comment:

C said...

Ohhh, Julie, I'm so glad you're all home again and well.

My goodness, after such a traumatic event she still looks like a magazine cover. So gorgeous!

I love that pic. Kinda' like she's saying, "What are you all looking at?" *snicker*