Thursday, January 1, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday. We did. It was busy, relaxing, tiring and restful all in one. Rocky is off until next Monday. I took off a few days around Christmas, and was off today, and maybe tomorrow. Today and tomorrow are cooking days. I am putting up meals for the next month. I found a collection of recipes that I have been making up and freezing so that dinner can be quicker and with less thought (that is if I remember to thaw it out the night before...). When I find the camera, I'll post some pictures of Christmas. It was really nice this year not to have to run out after lunch to see the girls at the hospital this year. It is also so strange to think of where we were this time last year. The girls have gotten so big and are doing so well. Olivia is such a sweet little girl. We were commenting just yesterday how sad it was that she never really got to be the "baby". Matthew is turning into a really great little man. He is still having some "toddler" issues, but overall, when he is well rested, he is a wonderful little boy. Caleb has turned into a really great big brother. We are trying the "buddy" system around here for trips out, bath help and putting laundry away. If it works well, it might be expanded. He is really bonding with the Girls, and is good at "babysitting" them so we can get something done and watches them in the bath for us while we get jammies out, etc. Emily is my mother hen. She is really good with Matthew and Olivia, and they really prefer her sometimes to Rocky and I. We have made Olivia her little buddy, mainly because they share a room. Joshua is working to define who he is as a teenager, and sometimes that means conflict with his siblings. He is working on developing a good relationship with Matthew, who is his buddy. Josh really enjoys being the big brother to the little ones.

I hope everyone has made their resolutions and a plan for sticking with it! There are a few of us at work who have decided to train for a 5K. We found a "couch to 5K" training program online and will be entering the MS 5K at the end of March. Who knows where this will go! I certainly don't see myself in a marathon, but maybe a half marathon? Who knows. Here's to a wonderful 2009!!!

1 comment:

Nutty Mom said...

I love your new blog design! What a great year for ya'll. I remember this time last year, praying each night with Peanut for your girls to be healed and come home to their brothers and sisters. I am so thankful that they are doing so well!